Tuesday, April 7, 2009

2 full days and a wakeup

This past weekend was very, very difficult being on a liquid only diet. Mostly because my family was home. I also had to do some grocery shopping.

I never realized how much our society revolves around food. It does. Food is everywhere. It's on the TV. It's in the movies. It's practically on every corner. Adverstisements are everywhere. Food chains are everywhere. It's just everywhere you turn. Like a Monster chasing you in a bad dream. There's no escaping.

Today's a bit easier.

The kids are going w/ us on Friday. I'll have to try to remember to pack them some stuff to do while they're waiting at the hospital.

Today's full of appointments. 2 teacher conferences. Kids get out at 1130 am today. The start of Spring/Easter Break. All 3 kids have dentist appointments today.

I have a ton of stuff I need to do.

I'm sick of the mom's group. Sooo much drama and knit picking. It's nuts! I've changed all of my RSVP's for the next month to NO. Not all because of the drama, but also because of my recovery from surgery. Not to mention most of the stuff I was interested in revolved around food. I had thought the friendships I developed within the group would survive whether I was in the group or not. Now I'm not sure. I feel myself withdrawing from everyone when I'm in the depressed state. I see how I don't exactly fit into the groups activites and stuff. Then I see how my friends just keeping going. Which they should. Eh.

I can hardly wait till our vacation.

Bean's bedroom furniture will be here tomorrow. I've been dealing with this company for over a month now. It arrived damaged. Ended up having to call the BBB on the company we ordered it from to get action. Hopefully, this time the furniture won't be damaged.

Time to start the conferences.

4 comments:

mama_in_pajamas said...

Hello! You stopped by my blog so I thought I'd return the favor. Good luck on your surgery tomorrow! I'm one week post-surgery now and feeling pretty good. My incisions are sore, but other than that, pretty well. There's a great website calling Living After Weight Loss Surgery that I go to (my screen name there is mama_in_pajamas ... just like it is at Tallyscrapper). Check it out. I don't use peoplespark or whatever that was that you mentioned...but would love to keep in touch so we can share/compare notes! I'll keep you in my prayers tomorrow!

mama_in_pajamas said...

ooops...forgot to give you the web address for that site. it's www.livingafterwls.com

mama_in_pajamas said...

Thinking about you again this morning. Hope surgery went well, and you're doing fine!

DaBlairs said...

hope all went well with the surgery - can't wait to hear your update!