Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009

Happy New Year...2009!

I hope all of you had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year! Ours was good. The holidays in general were stressful to put it mildly. I'm glad it's over.

I never did make out or send Christmas cards. 2nd year in a row I've slacked on that. Kinda like I was waiting for pictures to be done that we just never got around to doing. Next thing I know it's a new year.

My parents came to visit for Christmas. They were here about a week. This was a very stressful visit and spilled over to the next week.

The day after my parents left my stepdaughter came to visit. SD left this morning. Her visit was pretty uneventful...as in no problems from her. The older she gets the more I like her. Wish I could have learned that a long time ago. Looking back it seems like I was the source of any problems we had with her. Maybe...maybe not.

Hubby decided to change jobs. In my opinion it couldn't have come at a worse time....but I didn't feel like I had the right to ask him to wait, so I stayed quiet and let him do what he thought was best. I've known for a very long time how unhappy he was at his job. Which was my main reason for staying quiet. If changing jobs would make him happier then I was all for it. BUT, I wish the change had not happened right smack in the middle of the biggest holiday of the year.

As a result of his changing jobs his paycheck for the new job has not come thru. Luckily he had just enough from his half a paycheck from his old job to cover the mortgage that is automatically deducted from our account.

As a plus he's had the holidays off and has been "working" from home. Hopefully he'll be able to return to work soon.

I'm starting to think all the work and time I put into working towards getting the lapband seems like a waste because of our insurance changing. It's the one thing I've asked for and now it looks like it's not going to happen. Hubby seems to think the new insurance will accept all the loopholes the old insurance had me jump thru. I don't see it happening.

If nothing else happens for the year of 2009, I will fix our budget.

At the moment I'm mad at the dogs. They've chewed up at least 2 new toys Bean got for Christmas. No, we're not getting rid of them...I'm just mad at them.

As happy as I was to see 2008 come to an end, I don't see how 2009 can possibly be any better.

No comments: